Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Onam!

Just a week into my vacation, and I miss (in moderation) those crazy days back when I was studying for some exam or the other. Turns out the TV and the Internet lose a lot of their charm when you are not supposed to be buried beneath a textbook. Also, I am not able to use the classic "I have exams!" excuse to get out of social commitments. Weddings, funerals, births, housewarming parties, random visiting of people, you can find me at all of these events now. And elderly relatives rejoice at having obtained yet another victim to play guessing games with. "No, Aunty, I have no idea who you are."

Anyway, tomorrow is Onam. Have a great one!



Thinking of the sadya (feast) now...

8 comments:

Prats said...

Happy Onam to you too!! You must have enjoyed the Onam Sadhya by now

manoranjini said...

Heyy ..Happy Onam !!Hope you had a rocking one this year, mine was great ! ;-)
Amazing how the word Onam can make any true blue mallu gush with excitement !

Jeya Anand said...

"Turns out the TV and the Internet lose a lot of their charm when you are not supposed to be buried beneath a textbook"
Exactly!!

mathew said...

i got this pic as a forward..still cant stop laughing..;-P

Adorable Pancreas said...

prats,
Yes, I did! :)

manoranjini,
So was mine! :)

jeya anand,
Nothing like the charm of the forbidden, right?

mathew,
I did too. The swine flu panic is measured by the number of forwarded emails with it as the theme, I guess!

k.ø.c.h.ü said...

wowww i'd been searching 4 de pic :)

Jyo~* said...

nice!really the tv does lose its charm when u can watch like all day long without anyone taunting:Pits not only mme , my mum too had been usign teh oh shes in her board year so i wont be able to make it excuse for various occassions!:Pshe misses me being in board years more tahn ever now:P

Anonymous said...

The pic - kickass !

The TV - it's cause we poor people lose good shows like 2-3 months in a row. Get it all on DVD yo !

The Onam - Happy Onam, behest a little late.